Lets Cook South Indian Special Sabudana Vermicelli Payasam With Maxima Kitchenware
Semiya Payasam is a simple, yet delicious festive pudding made of vermicelli , milk, dry fruits and flavored with cardamom and saffron. Usually cooked by tamilians on occasions like Tamizh/Tamil new year and Onam where a feast is cooked, and this payasam is served as dessert. Give this delicious Semiya Payasam Recipe a try - it is super simple to make and makes a perfect sweet for those having a sweet tooth and crave for something sweet though healthy.
Easy Sabudana Vermicelli Payasam Recipe
- ½ cup subudana
- ½ tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ½ cup semiya / vermicelli
- 5 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- firstly, in a bowl take ½ cup subudana and rinse with running water.
- add ¼ cup water and soak for 2 hours.
- in a pan heat ½ tbsp ghee, add 2 tbsp cashew and 2 tbsp raisins.
- roast on low flame until the cashew turns golden brown and crunchy.
- keep the roasted cashew and raisins aside.
- to the same ghee, add ½ cup semiya.
- roast on low flame, until the semiya turns golden brown. keep aside.
- in a large maxima tope take 5 cup milk and get to a boil.
- add roasted semiya and boil for 5 minutes.
- further, add soaked sabudana and ½ cup sugar. give a good stir.
- boil for 5 minutes or until the kheer turns creamy.
- now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and roasted cashew, raisins. mix well.
- finally, enjoy sabudana semiya kheer warm or chilled.
Calories: 231kcal,Carbohydrates: 31gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 28mgSodium: 79mgPotassium: 370mgFiber: 1gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 329IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 253mg