Introduction To Makhana Seeds
or lotus seeds are not many popular ingredients with tons of health benefits. It is a mouth-watering snack with loaded health benefits. There are multiple benefits in consuming makhana seeds; especially it is very good for a healthy heart. Besides, it is very good and has tons of other benefits as well such as
Increases Heart Health: Lotus seeds contain abundant magnesium. Magnesium is the highest channel blocker that purifies the blood, oxygen and the flow of other nutrients thus preventing heart attack. The nutrition combination of magnesium and folate reduces the risks associated with coronary heart diseases and other heart-related conditions.
Kidney Health: Fox seeds are found a broad use for their deeply advantageous astringent properties. It is very helpful in healing the kidney condition and offering them the vital nutrients that are required for smooth functioning.
Improves Digestion: Did you know? Makhana seeds are rich in fiber content, helping to keep the digestive tract on track. It adjusts appetite, controls inappropriate cravings and aids in weight loss. Lotus seeds further detoxify the kidneys and liver, eliminating food wastes and preventing toxic accumulation in the body, thus maintaining gut wellbeing.
Bestows Anti-Aging Effects:
The enzymes in Lotus seeds are supposed to inhibit ageing and L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase
. It is the enzyme that aids in repairing, maintaining the damaged proteins and supports collagen synthesis within the body. Lotus seeds in powdered form are now being added to various cosmetics too that reverses the process of skin ageing and diminishes the presence of wrinkles and fine lines.
Promotes satisfying sleep: Yes! Lotus seeds have relaxing effects and are antispasmodic, which relaxes our nerves promoting satisfying sleep. Also stimulates the dilatation process of the blood vessels and immensely alleviates depression and anxiety.
Checks on Diabetes: The presence of a low glycemic index restricts unexpected spikes in blood sugar levels. Likewise, Lotus seeds also monitor insulin response in the body, keeping glucose in the bloodstream at the limit. Many diabetes patients have a higher risk of hypertension or high blood pressure for which lotus seeds snacks serves the best in purpose by stabilizing blood pressure level in the body.
Besides It Also Has
- Negligible amounts of saturated fats make them healthier for the body.
- A good source of the minerals magnesium, potassium, and sodium, foxnuts contains a high amount of calcium that can play an important role in strengthening one’s bones and teeth.
- Fox nuts aids in flushing out all the toxins from the body. The spleen recycles the RBC's and retains the new WBCs and platelets.
Detoxifying the spleen, thus helping in the detox of blood.
- Their rich fiber content makes digestive health. Including them in one’s daily diet helps aid regular bowel movement. Daily consumption of foxnuts can help keep indigestion and constipation at bay.
- Improves your respiratory system and aids in the interference of excessive and frequent urination.
- Lotus seeds have powerful thiamine content which supports the cognitive function of the nerves. Contributes to the process of neurotransmission.
- Fox nuts have been lauded as an aphrodisiac this helps with premature ejaculation, improves the quality of semen and help women suffering from infertility.
- Fox nuts have the natural compound kaempferol that lessens inflammation in the body. Inflammation is responsible for most modern diseases like diabetes, arthritis, rheumatism.
- Sleeping complications like sleep apnoea and insomnia in the elderly are mainly treated.
- Lotus seed is counted as one of the best choices to restore urinary problems such as prostatitis and reproductive condition.
Above all, it works for gum issues, lost appetite, treating mouth sores and ulcers, cures fatty liver, controls excessive bleeding and alleviates other stomach problems.
With such a great benefitting ingredient should be a must have snack for you and your loved ones. Hence with no further delay, let’s jump into our recipe.
- 3 cups Makhana (Foxnuts or Lotus Seeds)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (or any cooking oil)
- 4 tbsp Almonds
- 2 tbsp dried coconut scrapped
- 8 to 10 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Chat masala
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- Take a tri ply wok pan heat of oil in medium heat. Add makhana and roast it for 7 to 10 minutes on medium to medium-low flame until crispy.
- Then in a separate tri ply kadai in low flame add oil, dried coconut, curry leaves, peanuts, raisins, chat masala with pepper powder and salt.
- Stir fry until all ingredients become crispy and crunchy.
- Then take a tri ply tasra, put the fried makhana and other dry ingredients together.
- Transfer it to a plate and serve it hot.
It is yummy tasting chaat for evening time cravings. It is best to try it out with family and friends accompanied by a funny topic to discuss. I recommend preparing it in large quantity as no one can resist having it in small quantity. We share similarly a lot of tasty yet healthy recipes on our web page.
Do follow us on our social media pages and share your comments there.