Stainless steel the name itself is enough, if you are person to enjoy cooking healthy and tasty food. Stainless Steel is one such essential in the kitchen to ensure a smooth cooking process. Though fresh ingredients, menu etc. comes to your mind, the importance of high quality cookware is undeniable.
There are many cookware products available in market; however stainless steel steals the top of this list. As stainless steel is trendy, durable, non- sticky, eco-friendly, rust free and corrosion resistant. Besides it retains taste, colour and flavour. Also, it is easy to cook, maintain, clean, heats up fast and has higher heat resistance.
What is Stainless steel?
SAE 304 stainless steel is the most popular stainless steel. This steel contains both chromium (between 18% and 20%) and nickel (between 8% and 10.5%) metals as the main non-iron constituents. It is an austenitic stainless steel. It is less electrical and thermal conductive than carbon steel. SS is magnetic, however less magnetic than steel. It is corrosion resistance than regular steel and is popularly used because of the reason in which it is formed into various shapes.
In the cookware manufacturing industry it is known as 18/8 stainless steel. These stainless steel cookware is nowadays available in Tri Ply (3 layers), 5-Ply (5 Layers) and 7-Ply (7 Layers) in the market. However let us do a comparison understanding the household purpose cookware usability here.
Tri Ply for all homes
Let us now see how you can make full use of a Tri Ply Cookware here in detail.
- Always start with low flame: Tri ply reduces your cooking time and heats up fast, so always start your cooking in low flame. Besides a low and slow flame adds a little more intense flavour to your food with the additional benefit of retaining nutritional value.
- Minimise oil consumption: Oil enhances the taste of the food however in many cases; we add more oil to reduce food getting burnt. Using Tri ply, oil usage will be abridged to half and sticking to bottom of the utensil will be reduced to less than half. Beyond oil, due to equal heat distribution food tastes better and becomes aromatic.
- Less time consumption: Other cookware take more time to cook, while tri ply cook wares reduces the cooking time in half. For working women who are busy in work from home or working at office, time saving option is highly appreciated by all. Today’s busy lifestyle is burdening everyone with work life balance, if we reduce the cooking time of a person. It will automatically increase the family spending together time will increase gradually. Leading to more happy life.
- Kindling to try new recipes: Trust me, a good compact and comfortable cookware can rekindle a chef in you. In between your busy lifestyle, tasty and variety of food is what we all need. Teasing our taste buds with new dishes will help us relax and relive the stress in us fast. Try it yourself and feel the difference.
- Value for money: Ordinary cookware may last for few years but will not be as effective as it used to be. While, three layer (Tri Ply) cookware is designed to resist high heat for long time enables durability in long run. Cheap / low cost cookware may look handy and low weight, but only sturdy, heavy weight cookware can serve in long term. Over and above, these tri ply cookware are gas stove & induction stove friendly and can be used in dishwasher as well.
Tricks to maintain your Tri Ply stainless steel cookware
- Make use of tri ply cookware and wash & dry it immediately, It prevents dampens or spots appearing on cookware.
- Avoid adding frozen/ cold food directly in Tri ply stainless steel cookware, this saves temperature dipping in the dish prepared.
- Always balance the flame so it doesn’t reach the extreme temperatures easily. Over heat or poorly heated cookware may waste food in cooking process.
- Try to use soft cleaning liquid and sponges till will ensure the cookware durability and coating in long term.
- Clean all around the corners, rims, handle grips properly. Proper cleaning and washing will reduce the rust/ corrosion formation in cookware.